🐉 Bearded Dragon 🐉
I’ve been thinking about getting a bearded dragon for a long time. They are playful, adorable lizards that can grow up to 2 feet long, and are native to Australia. They are interactive and can grow close bonds with humans, and they are super fun to care for and feed. One of the reasons I want one is that I wanted a pet—that can be mine to take care of—but I didn’t want something like a fish that would look at you and do nothing else. I wanted something that I could actually hold or love on. Now, I realize that a bearded dragon is a slightly extreme/exotic option for an interactive pet, but whatever. I just want one.
So I’ve done a bit of research. I have a nice stash of money that I’ve been saving for it (They can be quite expensive, what with the tank and lighting system) and I’ve been considering it for a while. I had 95% decided I would get one a few weeks ago, but then I slowly started changing my mind. That’s how it’s gone the last year or two. I think my Mom and Dad and I are going to sit down and start planning the setup and how much it will cost sometime, so I guess I am getting one. I honestly have no idea. My plan is to get a bearded dragon by the end of the year, but who knows? It could be next June.
Another issue; (or at least detail); What would I name him/her?
I’ve thought about a couple of names. Naming important things like that—or even unimportant things—is hard. You have to choose one that really captures the essence of it. I feel like the best names are accidentally chosen, or by young ones, because any name is good as long as you use it. The name morphs into the thing, if you know what I mean. But I like to overthink things. So I’ve thought about Mushu, I’ve thought about Smaug. I’ve thought about, you’re a lizard, Harry. Any good name ideas? Post them in comments. :)
Hoping to get a lizard friend soon!

Comments